Every one of us wants baby soft skin. But our skin tends to lose its luster due to pollution, stress, and many other factors like pigmentation, blemishes, pimples, UV damage, and wrinkles. So how to take care of your skin without burning a hole in your pocket? The answer is home made face packs. Applying home made face pack is the best and easy cost-effective way to revive the skin.
Natural face packs are excellent for reviving and nourishing your skin. The natural ingredients used in the pack give your complexion a natural glow and make it supple. Moreover, they don’t contain synthetic chemicals, artificial colours, or preservatives. Home made face packs are natural, affordable, and the most effective way to remove pimples, acne, blackheads, and other skin problems. These masks will help your skin to heal and look brighter. These ingredients are readily available in your kitchen and work well on all types of skin. Keep reading to know how to make face pack at home and reap their benefits.
10 Effective Face Packs For A Natural Glow
To prepare simple and effective homemade face packs, you must choose ingredients good for the skin that are refreshing and natural. Here are some home made face packs that you should try today for instant glow and fairness.
1. Besan and Tomato Face Pack
Besan and Tomato Face Pack is good for reducing acne and removing blemishes. Besan has cleansing properties and tomato stimulates collagen production which makes it an ideal face pack. Let’s see how to make this face pack at home.
How to use
- Take a small tomato and cut it into pieces.
- Blend the tomato and add the pulp to the besan(gram flour).
- Apply the mixture to your face. Wash it off after 10-12 minutes.
Besan and Tomato Face Pack help to get rid of wrinkles and makes the skin smooth, bright, and firm and is also beneficial in getting rid of excess oil and dark spots.
2. Honey-Besan Face Pack
Honey is a natural moisturiser and has many anti-bacterial properties. It not only heals the skin but provides deep moisturisation. Gram flour has excellent bleaching properties. The astringent properties of honey helps maintain the skin’s natural pH levels. On the other hand, Gram flour (Besan) is good for making the skin radiant and helps to tighten the skin.
How to use
- Take 2 teaspoons of gram flour and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix all the ingredients together to make a fine paste
- Apply this pack generously on your face and neck and wash it off after 15 minutes.
This home made face pack removes dirt, toxins,, and other impurities from the skin. Gram flour or besan works as a natural exfoliant and helps to get a more even skin tone.
3. Aloe Vera Face Mask
Aloe Vera (Ghritkumari) is good for both skin and hair and is widely used as a base ingredient in many skincare and cosmetic products. Aloe vera gel helps to fade dark spots and nourishes your skin making it soft, smooth, and supple. This pack reduces pimples and helps to cure acne by unclogging pores. Aloevera has been used for centuries to treat various skin conditions and also for removing harsh suntan.
How to use
- Take 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mask to your face and keep it for 15 minutes. Add a few drops of honey to thicken the pack if it is too runny.
- Rinse your face thoroughly with lukewarm and pat dry.
Aloe Vera Face Mask is filled with glycoproteins and antioxidants that can help the skin retain moisture and suppleness. It is a natural moisturiser and is effective in reducing inflammation and irritation.
4. Coffee Face Pack
Coffee stimulates blood flow and is an excellent exfoliator. This home made coffee face pack helps to get rid of dead skin cells and enhance your complexion. Coffee makes your skin tight and improves skin tone. This pack revives tired skin and helps in brightening the skin.
How to use
- Take one tablespoon of coffee powder and mix it with one teaspoon of honey.
- Mix the ingredients together until it has a grainy texture.
- Gently massage the paste onto your entire face, avoiding the area around your eyes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the pack by rinsing it off with cool water.
Coffee face pack is known for their exfoliating properties and are also known to decrease puffiness and pigmentation.
5. Turmeric Face Pack
Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties and revitalizes your skin. Turmeric face pack helps to reduce inflammation, regenerate skin cells and fight signs of aging. Additionally, mix in some gram flour(besan) to the pack for minimising pimples and getting a natural glow.
How to use
- To prepare this home made face pack, take 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Apply liberally to your neck and face.
- Keep for 20 minutes and then wash it off with water.
- The medicinal properties of turmeric help in removing blemishes and maintaining clear skin.
Read Also : How to Make Face Wash at Home ?
6. Cucumber Face Pack
Cucumber contains a high amount of antioxidants, is a natural cleanser and is perfect for treating all types of skin problems. The moisturising quality of cucumber gives you smooth, and beautiful skin and effectively gets rid of blemishes.
How to use
- Cut one cucumber into small pieces. Blend or puree the cucumber in a blender and strain the juice.
- Apply this cucumber home made face pack onto your face and neck. Keep the pack for 15 minutes.
- Wash the mask off with cool or lukewarm water and pat dry
Cucumbers contain caffeic acid which is an antioxidant that prevents skin damage and lightens skin tone. The cucumber pack refreshes skin and is also known to reduce skin tan.
7. Tomato- Lemon pack
It is well known that lemons and tomatoes have natural bleaching qualities. This home made face pack work towards removing pigmentation and suntan.
How to use
- Take one tomato and make it into a pulp.
- Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to the puree and apply it on the face and neck.
- Leave the mask for twenty minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Tomato-Lemon pack helps in removing skin tan making the skin soft and brighter. Tomato Lemon pack can also help to reduce skin discolouration and gives an instant glow.
8. Papaya Pack
Papaya is full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making it fantastic for your skin. Papaya home made face pack adds a glow to your skin, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and helps lighten dull spots. Papaya is rich in potassium, a mineral known for moisturizing skin from the inside out.
How to use
- Take 5 cubes of papaya and mash them.
- To this mixture add 1 tsp of milk and little honey.
- Mix well to form a smooth paste and apply on your face and neck.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Papaya does wonders for the skin as it is a rich source of vitamins A and C. It also contains a special enzyme called papain which helps in reducing pigmentation caused by sun damage, and fades dark spots, blemishes restores your natural complexion.
9. Rice Flour and Rosewater Face Pack
Rice flour help remove dead skin cells from your skin and brighten it. Rosewater also has cooling properties and helps to shrink pores and removes residual dirt.
How to use
- Make a paste by mixing 2 teaspoons of rice flour and 2 teaspoons of rosewater.
- Apply the paste to your face and massage for 5 minutes.
- Let it dry for 5-10 minutes. Wash it off and pat dry.
Rice flour is rich in para-aminobenzoic acid which protects the skin from harsh sun rays. This home made face pack helps with skin tightening and retaining elasticity and getting rid of signs of ageing.
10. Besan Dahi (curd) Pack
Besan is an amazing ingredient for giving a glow to the skin. It tightens your skin and cleans pores. Dahi(curd) is effective in brightening skin and fading blemishes.
How to make face pack
- Add the ingredients. Mix 2 teaspoons of besan and one teaspoon of curd together.
- Apply this mask to your face and keep it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Gently pat your skin dry using a dry towel and apply Aloe vera gel to moisturize your skin.
If you have acne, pimples, marks, open or clogged pores, pigmentation, dullness, uneven skin tone, whiteheads, oil heads, or blackheads, the besan-curd face pack is a great solution for you. Besan Dahi (curd) pack helps in moisturizing your skin and restoring the natural skin glow. Curd hydrates and revitalizes the skin, making it the ideal face pack for glowing skin.
Read Also : How to Remove Tan from Your Face ?
Using Home made packs is safe and effective in removing skin tan, dark spots, and patches. Natural ingredients contained in the face pack will help you to achieve good and healthy skin. Apply these home made face packs twice a week for 2 months to see a visible difference in your skin complexion. Go ahead and add these natural packs to your skin care routine to get glowing skin.